A dinner made in only 30 minutes is a miracle around our household. These delicious Sloppy Joes are extremely easy, yet flavorful!
This kid-friendly sandwich will make your life a lot easier being cooked in one pan, minimal ingredients, yet still packed with flavor!
When I think of sloppy joes, I think of a burger with all the ingredients cooked into it already. You have the ketchup, mustard, tomato, onion, and garlic infused into the meat created into a delicious, messy sandwich.
Sloppy Joes are best paired with:
I love serving my sloppy joes with oven-baked french fries, hash browns, and a garden salad.
Sloppy Joes in 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef 80% lean 20% fat
- 15 oz canned diced tomatos
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp worcesteshire
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 hamburger buns
- dill or bread and butter pickles for garnish
- slice of cheddar cheese optional
- Saute onion and garlic in pan on medium head until onions are translucent.
- Add ground beef and break up in pan. Cook until browned and drain any grease.
- Add diced tomatoes. Cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the pan and mix thoroughly until mixture becomes "sloppy".
- Toast buns and spoon mixture over top. If desired, place slice of cheddar cheese onto mixture and broil in oven until melted. Add pickles for garnish.
- Make sure you drain the excess grease after sauteing the ground beef. If you don't, the meat will be very oily and the bun very soggy.
- Make sure you have the ingredients ready ahead of time so you do not burn the bottom of the pan while cooking.
- If you do not have canned tomatoes, add tomato sauce! The taste will be the same without the tomato chunks.